Monday, April 15, 2019



Listen with me...

So often in the chaos of our lives, and I know they are chaotic, we miss incredible beauty around us. In 2007 The Washington Post did a story about Joshua Bell, who is one of the finest violinists in the world. Wearing a Washington Nationals cap, and completely "ingonito" Bell played in a busy Metro station for 45 minutes. During that time frame, seven people stopped. Thousands of commuters passed by, but completely ignored him. You can read the full story here: 

 Like most of you, I am deeply passionate about the arts, I hope that this will be a nice weekly reminder for all of us, myself included, to find something beautiful we may have missed and to force us to spend a few minutes each week thinking about something artistic, maybe something inspiring and possibly thought-provoking. Will you listen and think with me each week? I'll bet we can find a lot of amazing things that we may have missed, and ponder thoughts we may not have pondered before.

What is one beautiful thing that you saw today that you've never realized before? Was there a lovely piece of music that took you out of a daze of accomplishment? Was there a performance you recently saw that took was a reprieve from the stresses of every day? I'd love to hear more about it! 

Here is something that I think is beautiful, and maybe you will too. Have a great day, know that there is someone smiling and sending you hugs and positive energy. - MT



1 comment:

  1. Here is my beautiful musical moment from the day- https://youtu.be/Wo8qfyK9c3c . It is incredible to me how music from so long ago still speaks the language of the soul. "Behold, we are all your people."

    ReplyDelete

Applause = Bad!

Now that I've got your attention, what does THAT mean? When Billy Joel finishes a rousing chorus of "Piano Man" the a...