Monday, May 20, 2019

It's you I like.

Spending time with my wonderful daughter has given me a chance to reconsider some of my favorite songs of childhood. Ultimately, the ingenuity in many of these songs, and the messages have never been more relevant, perhaps a timeless relevancy that is reflected in the skill of the songwriters. Kermit has been discussed, Big Bird and Company has been discussed, but one of my favorites was written by our favorite neighbor, Fred Rogers.

It's you I like... what an incredible message for kids young and old? It's a reminder of what truly matters, not the material things, but the beauty of the individual. While finding that beauty within ourselves can be a challenge at times, understanding that others see it, and recognize it, especially when we struggle to see it ourselves, is something truly inspiring.  That is what Mr. Rogers is trying to tell us. When all is said and done, it's you I like, it's true, I promise.

Here are some of my favorite clips:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Applause = Bad!

Now that I've got your attention, what does THAT mean? When Billy Joel finishes a rousing chorus of "Piano Man" the a...