Monday, May 13, 2019

From the mouths of babes...or at least their music


Rubber Ducky, you're the one. You make bath time lots of fun...
It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood...
The real American hero!

It was fascinating to hear all of the wonderful responses on music from childhood that really resonated with many of you. I wanted to take a minute and dig a little deeper, and take a more detailed look at one of my favorites, sung by our favorite frog, Kermey.  I am not entirely sure why "Rainbow Connection" always moves me, sometimes, admittedly, to tears. Although I think it is the incredible message about dreaming. Whether you are 5 years old, 35,  55, or 105. How can we live without dreams?

In a time when things can be dark, and things can be scary, we seek hope. We look for that idea of a "happy ending', "an aspiration", a "dream", whatever that may mean to us. While the song is simple, the message is profound, even when sung by a froggy, playing the banjo while sitting on a log.

My favorite stanza is as follows:
Who said that every wish would be heard and answered,when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it, and look what it's done so far...

Above all else, hope prevails. It must be true, a green Muppet told me so!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Applause = Bad!

Now that I've got your attention, what does THAT mean? When Billy Joel finishes a rousing chorus of "Piano Man" the a...